Mooresville, NC – Four people were hospitalized with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning after an issue with a furnace at a Mooresville home.

Authorities responded to a home on Sunday morning after reports of carbon monoxide poisoning.

A family of four was evacuated from the home and ultimately taken to a hospital for treatment. They told authorities their carbon monoxide detector had gone off and that they hadn’t been feeling well for several days.

Gas company officials went to the scene to investigate. Officials say the closet where the furnace is located wasn’t properly ventilated. That meant the odorless, dangerous gas was going into the home’s air vents.