Syracuse, NY – News 10 – It’s being called a mass casualty incident in Syracuse. Thirty-seven people were taken out of the Phillips Hairstyling Salon on East Genesee Street in Syracuse with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Twenty-two of the 37 people were transported by a city bus to the hospital. The other 15 people were transported by an ambulance.

None of the injuries are very serious, but headaches and nausea are among the symptoms the people were experiencing.

The salon does not have a carbon monoxide detector.

The investigation continues as to the source of the poisoning.