Moreno Valley, CA – Three firefighters had to go a hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in a Moreno Valley apartment complex early Sunday, April 23.

The firefighters had responded at 12:42 a.m. to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm going off in the Tuscany Hills Apartments in the 21000 block of Box Springs Road and noticed a slight odor of gas within an apartment, said a report by the Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department.

They called in the Southern California Gas Company, a hazardous materials team and an ambulance. The problem was resolved in about two hours, the report said.

Of the 10 firefighters who responded, the three from the first engine to arrive went to the hospital. The Fire Department report classified their condition as minor injuries. The apartment’s resident, who evacuated as soon as the alarm went off, declined to go to the hospital.