MI- WOODTV – The bodies of three men in their 50s were found Sunday morning in a furniture resale shop on the city’s northwest side in an apparent case of carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.

Two generators had been running at the building, police spokesman James Tate said.

The bodies of Patrick Kulczyk, Michael Johnson and Ladell Brooks, all of Detroit, were discovered by a friend of the shop’s owner, The Detroit News reported on its Web site.

Susan Kulczyk, sister of Patrick Kulczyk, told the newspaper that the men were watching the shop for the owner, who had been found passed out at the shop and was hospitalized at Sinai-Grace Hospital.

Police were investigating Sunday and didn’t have any additional information, Tate said.