Filled HomeOrlando, FL- ORLANDO, Fla. — It is a deadly scene at a home in Orlando.
The bodies of two men, a woman and three boys were found inside the home, which was filled with lethal levels of carbon monoxide.
Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said a vehicle in the garage had been running but the motor was stopped when the bodies were found. He reported no sign of forced entry and no obvious injuries to the bodies.
Officials say the car’s exhaust was close to an intake for the house’s air conditioning, which apparently spread the deadly gas throughout the residence. The car’s ignition was on, but its gas tank was empty when rescuers arrived Thursday afternoon.
A neighbor with a key to the single-family home went to check on the residents after not seeing the children during the day. Beary said the man left as soon as he saw bodies.
Deadly levels of carbon monoxide were detected by firefighters, who donned breathing masks before entering.
Officials did not release the identities of the victims, who all appeared to have been sleeping. Officials said it appears like the family just went to bed.
Medical examiners are investigating.