Rockville, MD – Six workers were hospitalized Wednesday afternoon after inhaling carbon monoxide as they installed commercial ovens for the opening of a Rockville bakery, according to authorities.

Renovations are underway at 804 Hungerford Drive so the bakery, Fresh Baguette, can move into the space formerly occupied by Banner Glass, Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer said. Exhaust from a truck that was pouring concrete and fumes from an oven whose ventilation system hadn’t been hooked up probably combined to increase carbon monoxide levels in the building, he said.

A supervisor contacted authorities around noon after workers standing on ladders grew lightheaded, Piringer said. Six workers were taken to the hospital as a precaution, but none were suffering from life-threatening conditions, he said. Another five people were evaluated and declined transportation to the hospital.