Clinton, NJ – Asbury Park Press -Authorities said eleven people were taken to the hospital early Friday for exposure to carbon monoxide when a cogenerator and exhaust pipe malfunctioned at the Holiday Inn on Route 173.

Hunterdon County Department of Public Safety Director George Wagner said that while the conditions of those individuals transported to the hospital were unknown, he did say they were all exposed to carbon monoxide. Hotel General Manager Rick Sacco said he did not know how many guests were in the hotel during the incident.